Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First of all, thank you for everyone's support. I am sitting here in front of a pile of unidentified uncooked food. Don't have a clue how to cook it...lol. Did you know that there are about 10 types of flaxseed (I had to call the manufacturer to find out which one went into recipes...lol). Did you know that they sell beans dry (I'm sure most of you did but I didn't) and you have to soak them overnight... and that if you rince them many times there is less chance of ummm.... farting...lol. Did you know that there are other spices than oregano and garlic powder? There is a spice called garam masala (I thought it was referring to the italian dish made by a guy named garam) and it has tonnes of different variations (depending on where in India you come from). Did you know there is a thing called millet and it looks like little balls (like the size of 1/2 a grain of rice) and you cook it and add it to recipes (of course I have no idea how...that will come later). And did you know that buying vegetables/vegetarian food costs more than meat??? How is that possible...I have no idea.

There are so many funny stories to come I can just feel it. All this food looks rather foreign. The only thing I recognize is the garlic. John and Karen are going to help me eat all the recipes that I have recieved. Until I learn to cook vegetarian, I see lots of potatoes in our future. Pray for them, they don't have much to lose before they starve to death. I should be okay.

Take Care and God Bless,
Connie

No comments: