Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Well, 15 hours later and my beans are still hard...don't know what to do, maybe I will serve them crunchy and call them al dente??? John and the boys don't particularly like beans so I think I will just let them cook till they are done. One of my dear friends from bible study made a wonderful dessert for the group and Karen brought some home to me...yum. Now to get the recipe...yay!! I think for dinner I am going to make something easy for dinner...ham for the family, soup for me and maybe...beans (beans beans the musical fruit) and potatoes from my sister Irene's recipe. The recipe is really easy, cut up potatoes and then toss them in a mixture of oil, paprika and any other spice that suits your fancy...yum...I could live on this.

Well, it seems like my sleeping patterns have changed again. All summer I was darn good. Sleeping 7-10 hours a night...perfect. With the fall weather, I could not get out of bed this morning. I tried to get up at 7:30 and do some stuff and kept falling asleep doing it. I think right now I need 12 hours, if the trend from last year continues I will start needing 14 and sometimes 16 to feel okay. The CPAP misteriously ends up off me in the middle of the night, John said I pulled it off at 4:00am. Now this is nothing for me who can have a full conversation with someone in my sleep. Or go for walks, or any number of things. Maybe this need for additional sleep is CPAP related. Don't know, will ask the technician when I go for my appt.

God Bless,
COnnie

2 comments:

CannedAm said...

I had this happen to me with some pintos. I blogged about it under the Chalupa heading on my at home blog. Anyway, I had to cook the suckers for more than 24 hours to get them to completely soften up!!! I know I shouldn't keep dry beans so long, but they're dry right...they keep. They just don't soften up too easily. Don't add any salt...prevents them softening up. I bring mine to a boil then turn them off overnight. Then drain the water and start over...boil, then simmer forever. I've still got old beans in my cupboard so I know I"ll have to cook the suckers for two whole days to get them soft enough to eat! (I really cannot bear to throw out my $1/pound dry pinto beans LOL!)

Connie Walsh said...

We are so silly, spend 5 bucks in hydro for $1 of beans...lol

thanks for the info...I will try to be more patient...