Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My journey begins

Today I went to see a doc. Nice guy, told me I was crazy, like I didn't know that. lol. He told me the reason that I had such fatigue is that I have Chronic Fatigue Something. Well, I laughed, because really I don't believe that helps me anyhow. It's not like there is a little blue pill. What he suggested is pretty funny. Become a vegan...lol. Doesn't he realize that I already can't eat anything, cutting out meat, eggs and milk (okay that one is already gone) leaves pretty much nothing. He also said that I should do the Yeast Elimination Diet. Knock sugar off the diet.

Okay, I can either sulk and throw things (okay I did already sulk, but it got old pretty quick when no-one came to my pity party.) or I can put on my big girl shoes and figure out how I'm going to do this.

I need recipes. If you could adapt one of your favorites in a way that I can eat it, I will be very happy. I don't think my doc had in mind that I should eat french fries and potato chips 24/7, but with my cooking they are looking pretty good. lol. Here is what I can eat:

any veg beside turnip and spinach and soy and mushrooms(I hate cooking onions though so feel free to leave those out)
any fresh fruit (love them all)
rice
rice milk
rice crackers, rice round thingy's
any rice derivative that does not have things on the nono list
goat cheese that is hard (I have a lovely sharp cheddar that I can buy)
olives
nuts and seeds
stevia (sweetener) maybe sorbitol, and xylitol
Strubs pickles
gluten-free flours
olives
beans except soy
honey and molasses
oil

NoNo list
-meat
-fish
-eggs
-cow's milk anything (includes butter)
-soy in any form (includes margarine)
-anything with vinegar (most salad dressings, ketchups, mustards, mayonnaise bbq sauce, some spaghetti sauces, some pizza sauces)
-any flour with gluten, oats,
-mushrooms,turnip, spinach
-anything with yeast
-coffee tea or chocolate


Pretty daunting, eh??? Well as far as I'm concerned, here are the priorities:

1. Soy, gluten, milk, yeast and sugar are right out...lol (monty python). I'm going to be really careful about these.
2. vinager I'd like to stay away from but I think I will be less picky about.
3. meat, eggs and fish...??? I have no idea what I'm going to do without these...like I'm irish...meat and potatoes, hold the meat...For now I am going to phase this part in really slowly. I will try recipes that don't have these items and as I find more and more good recipes I will phase meat out.
4. coffee tea chocolate. I have coffee substitute made from chicory and other weird stuff. If I could find a goat's cream...I would be a happy girl. I've decided for my purposes I will eat goat's products because...well just because I need to eat something.

To help us with recipe conversions here are some ideas:

I usually use 1 T ground flax seed, 1 T cornstarch, 1 T oil
plus 2 T water or rice milk, in place of 1 egg
and have had no problems yet!

Shortening can be used in the place of butter in desserts

Try lemon or lime juice for vinegar

that is all I got...

Thank you for all being there for me. I appreciate anything you can do, examining labels to see which commercial/health food stuff I can have, would be amazing...praying for me would be the ultimate. Sending me a personal cook would be appreciated (but make sure he's cute ... Watching "No Reservations" right now...lol.) Oh and if anyone has a cure for bum burps as one child I knew referred to them that you get from beans...that would be good. (Beano is not allowed)

Oh and an update, my CPAP machine is going well. Wore it the first night and only threw it off in disgust once. John wondered all night if the window was open...lol.

Take care and God Bless,
Connie

No comments: