Sunday, October 5, 2008

Yowza Yowza, yesterday was a big cooking day. I made broccoli soup and vegetable rice and Irene's fabulous potatoes. I made a mistake and put way too much hot spice (a reddish orange one that Karen gave me) in the potatoes. As a result, John loved them, I could hardly eat them. lol. I ate a few and then drank 3 big glasses of water. I think I will try and be more careful with the chili spice (that's it...kept wanting to call it paprika). Reminds me of a story. When I was a little girl my mom used to put paprika on the burner on the stove and then turn it on low and the house would smell nice. One time she took down the wrong reddish spice and put chili powder on the stove element. We laughed and coughed and cried for a week.

So here's the recipes I tried...

No Cream Creamy Broccoli Soup

Irene's Famous Baked French Fries

God Bless,
Connie

No comments: