Saturday, October 4, 2008

Things they are a changin

Somethin's happenin here,
What it is we're not too sure, (John tells me I got the song wrong...for all those hippies out there...I apologize)

Okay, I am not the most observant person in the world, but...2 strange things have happened since I was "vegan".

When I was a little girl (maybe 5 or so) my mom used to say that one time she decided since I was a little plump she was going to cut out one of my snacks...we'll according to her I caterwauled for 2 hours straight...she just could not take it. Thus began my dieting career. Every "diet" I've ever been on, I think about food 24/7, I dream about it, I obsess about my next meal. I cry tears of hunger (most diets tell you, you will never get "hungry"), I am basically miserable to be around. It's like I'm throwing an adult tantrum. lol. This time it's very different. First of all, I have not been hungry. Like normal "boy my stomach feels a little growly, better stuff it with something" stuff, but no I'm going to bed early because if I stay up I know I'm going to start eating EVERYTHING. And I lost 7 lbs, what's that about. Even in the first week of starving myself on Weight Watchers, the most I've lost is like 3 lbs. Now I know it's all water weight but WOW!!!

Second thing, ever since I've started my monthly. I have never had a month where I didn't have at least one zit on the first day... well today's the day... and nada. I think this is the first time this has happened since the accutane years.

Tues, Wed, and Thurs this week I was horribly tired and I thought it was the "slump". On Wednesday, I decided that I couldn't put up with the cramps from a drug "detrol" and went off. It's still preliminary but I'm not as tired...usual 8 hrs of sleep last night. Of course one of the side effects of the drugs is fatigue. So I ask the Dr if my urine leakage and burning and abdominal cramps could be causing my fatigue, in response she puts me on detrol which causes fatigue. hmmm. Maybe I'll try it again in a few weeks to see if it causes the fatigue again.

Okay, food!!! Well my beans had to be trashed...some were hard and some were stuck to the bottom. Kinda raw and kinda burnt...worst of both worlds. I'm going to say the recipe was not a good one and I am still searching for a baked bean recipe (anyone, anyone...Sherri???). My dear friend Darlene sent me some recipes after a wonderful day spent together visiting downtown. I am so eager to try them.

Carrot Lentil Soup

15 Minute Tomato Soup

Sweet Potato Soup with Jalapeno Corn


I am hungry now because of all this good food...Cannot wait...

Take Care and God Bless
Connie

No comments: