Friday, October 17, 2008

The baked beans vs. me Part 2

Well, the last time I made baked beans, they won. Some were hard some were burnt, none were good. I don't even think I mentioned what the recipe was...didn't want someone to inadvertently make that disaster. So tonight I made the recipe I had meant to make in the first place. It's out of my favorite cookbook:

Finally... Food I can eat by Shirley Plant.

Oh this recipe book rocks. Not only is the food good, but I can eat it. The baked beans recipe I made tonight is nothing like the baked beans in a tomato-ey sauce. This is a spiced and delicious baked beans. I think this is my new favorite recipe...

Baked Beans that Rock

As well I made another recipe today...I officially can tell the difference between buttercup squash and butternut squash....read the little sticky thing on it...lol. I made a butternut squash soup with apples and nectarines in it. It was pretty good. I had to add salt because it was a little bland, and I fear it would not keep me full as there is little protein or complex carbs. It is a good soup but I think I will continue my quest for the perfect butternut sqash soup.

Butternut Squash and Pear Soup


That's all folks....

Blessings,
Connie

No comments: